E-commerce/ Online Operations Supervisor
The E-commerce/ online operations supervisor is responsible for the running of Hunter & Hare’s website. This includes, but is not limited to, fulfilling online orders, keeping an up-to-date inventory of wholesale products, ensuring the proper running of our shopify website + its apps, uploading clothing with measurements and details, and coordinating with the social media. You will also assist the social media team with writing copy and content creation where needed. You will also be responsible for coordinating with the social media team for all wholesale product photos & other campaigns.
Reports to: Owners (Jo & Micki), Social media & marketing teams
Position type: Full-Time
Location: This position requires you to be able to travel from our studio in Gastown to our location in Chinatown daily.
Daily, weekly and monthly tasks can look like:
- Fulfilling + coordinating online orders
- Transferring clothing and product from studio to stores and vice versa
- Keeping Website/ Inventory Sheet up to date
- Answering any instagram DMs with great customer service
- Daily checking of wholesale inventories online versus in store
- Uploading or updating wholesale product
- Uploading clothing weekly or biweekly
- Logging any clothing as needed
- Price checking clothing to ensure we meet website sales goals
- Quality control + any final edits needed for clothing photos (resizing photos)
- Descriptions must include flat measurements of clothing & model size
- Entering every item in our studio into the Website/Inventory Sheet (this list will always be kept up to date by you)
- Enter proper tags
- Making available online when it is due
- Creating campaigns on Canva
- Adding necessary title, size, and price for each slide
- Organizing the clothing for each collection drop to make it flow nicely
- Analysis and reports of mid-month and end of month sales data to ensure we are on track for our goals
- Meeting biweekly with social media team to assist on campaign brainstorming and any other needs
- Writing copy for all e-commerce needs
- Following monthly markdowns on product
- Coordinate with social media team for any and all product photos
Skills we are looking for:
- 2 to 3 years of clothing retail experience, bonus points if it has been in consignment or secondhand!
- At least 1 year of management experience
- Proficient knowledge of the following platforms: Shopify, Instagram, Mailchimp, Canva, Planoly, and Milanote
- Some sales marketing experience is a bonus
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds
- Ability to travel between our studio and stores. This position does not require a license, and we are very happy to work with public transport commuters!
- Product photography skills are a huge bonus, but not required
- Very keen attention to detail and numbers
- Strong written comprehension and prose
- Great and open communication
- Exceptional customer service
- Self-initiation and ownership of role
- Flexibility - as a small business, you will occasionally support with floor staff or any other areas of the shop!
What we offer:
- Extended health benefits after 3 months
- Competitive hourly wage
- Ability to work partially from home (Please note, this role does require you to be in the studio and chinatown store for many instances)
- A chance to grow within a small business and learn new skills in e-commerce, marketing, and more! We want to know what you are also interested in, and support you in those areas.
- Discount on consignment and product
- Monthly shopping allowance
- Yearly team outings and building
- Dog-friendly offices/ shops!!!!
Does this sound like you in a nutshell? We’d love to meet you! Send us a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “E-commerce/ Online Operations Supervisor” in your subject line and we will get back to you if we feel we would be a good fit for each other.